Under Rural DIP, we will:
1. Prepare an itinerary for the experience
2. Plan travel and make bookings
3. Arrange accommodation and local food
4. Schedule meetings with members of the local community
5.Visit to DEF’s integrated digital information and resource centres
6. Organise events to facilitate experience of local culture, folk art, history and heritage
Overall, RuralDIP will ensure an individual or a group’s immersion into the lives of the local community to gain a holistic perspective about it.
i.e individual(s) will also be provided with a letter of their experience, which can be used, if required, for educational purposes so that the travel can be viewed as a “unique” learning experience that not only adds value to the lives of those possessing the letter but also those who wish to collaborate/work with the person who has taken a “RuralDIP”.